The Indian Navy SSR job presents an exceptional opportunity for young individuals seeking to serve their country while acquiring invaluable skills. As SSRs, they undertake a range of responsibilities, including operating machinery, maintaining equipment, and ensuring security on various types of ships such as aircraft carriers, guided-missile destroyers, frigates, replenishment ships, and submarines.
Indian Navy SSR Job: How to Apply
The Indian Navy SSR job apply process is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website Visit the official website of the Indian Navy at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Step 2: Navigate to Recruitment Section Click on the “Recruitment” tab on the website.
Step 3: Select SSR Link Click on the “SSR” link to access the relevant information.
Step 4: Review the Notification Read the notification carefully and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
Step 5: Access the Online Application Click on the “Apply Online” button to proceed with the application process.
Step 6: Complete the Application Form Fill up the application form with accurate details and ensure that all the required fields are filled. Additionally, upload the necessary documents as specified.
Step 7: Pay the Application Fee Submit the application fee as per the instructions provided.
Step 8: Submit the Application Review the filled application form and ensure that all the information provided is correct. Once verified, submit the application form.
The selection process for the Indian Navy SSR job includes the following stages:
Stage 1: Computer Based Test (CBT) The CBT is conducted in two phases. The first phase is a screening test, while the second phase is the final test.
Stage 2: Physical Fitness Test (PFT) Candidates need to undergo a Physical Fitness Test that includes a 1.6 km run, 20 squats, and 10 push-ups.
Stage 3: Medical Examination A comprehensive medical examination is conducted to assess the physical fitness of the candidates.
The final selection of candidates for the Indian Navy SSR job is based on their performance in the CBT, PFT, and medical examination.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy SSR Job
- Age: Applicants must be between 17 years to 21 years as of 01 July 2023.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board.
- Height: Male candidates must have a minimum height of 157 cm, while female candidates must have a minimum height of 152 cm.
- Chest: Male candidates must have a minimum chest size of 76 cm, and female candidates must have a minimum chest size of 72 cm.
- Weight: Male candidates should have a weight of at least 50 kg, and female candidates should have a weight of at least 45 kg.
Documents Required for Application
Candidates need to upload the following documents along with their application form:
- Matriculation certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Passport-sized photograph
Male candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 100, while female candidates need to pay Rs. 50.
Last Date to Apply
The deadline to apply for the Indian Navy SSR job is 15 June 2023.
For further details and updates, please visit the official website of the Indian Navy.
Training and Career Path
Upon selection for the Indian Navy SSR job, candidates will undergo basic training at INS Chilka. Following this training, they will be assigned to either a ship or a shore establishment. The initial service commitment is for a period of four years, after which re-enlistment is possible.
Challenging and Rewarding Career
The Indian Navy SSR job offers a challenging yet highly rewarding career path. If you aspire to serve your country while acquiring valuable skills, this job is an excellent choice for you.
Below are some additional important details regarding the Indian Navy SSR job:
- Salary: The starting salary for Indian Navy SSRs is approximately Rs. 25,000 per month.
- Benefits: In addition to their salary, Indian Navy SSRs receive a comprehensive benefits package, including free medical care, housing, and food. Furthermore, they are entitled to a pension after their retirement.
- Career Advancement: Indian Navy SSRs have abundant opportunities for career advancement through training and gaining experience. They can be promoted to higher ranks and positions based on their performance and skills.