Making a heart out of a gum wrapper is an easy and fun craft that can be done with any kid in the house. All you need is some gum wrappers, scissors, and tacky glue.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Cut the gum wrappers into small hearts using scissors. Be sure to leave a small border around the edge of each heart so that it will stick together when you glue them together.
2. Apply tacky glue to one side of each heart and place them together so that the sticky side is on top. Then apply glue to the back of each heart.
3. Let each heart dry completely before continuing with the next step.
4. If a child wants to use their own gum, you can help them by cutting the wrapper into small pieces and then give them some scissors and glue.
5. If you are using your own gum, cut the wrapper into pieces and then give them some scissors and glue.
6. Now mix all of the hearts together using a large spoon or small bowl and make sure to get every piece of gum. Sprinkle some glitter on top for extra fun!
7. Let each heart dry completely before moving on to the next step. You can add a few more hearts or change the colors of your gum mixture before finishing up.
8. When the hearts are dry, glue them to a piece of cardboard or paper. Glue the heart on the back side so that there is space for your child to color in with crayons or markers.
9. Glue the heart to a piece of paper and let your child color in the heart.
10. Once they are finished, tape the card stock to a piece of cardboard so that it doesn’t move around while your child is coloring.
11. When your child is done coloring, let them glue the heart to a piece of construction paper.
12. Once all of the hearts are on a piece of construction paper, it’s time to start gluing them onto the cardstock.
Introduction: What is a heart made of?
Most people would say it’s made of muscle and blood, but what if I told you that the heart is actually made of sugar and gum wrappers? It may sound strange, but according to one scientist, it’s true.
In a recent study published in the journal “Cardiovascular Research”, Dr. Pei-Yuan Cheng from Taipei Medical University found that when he cut open sugar-coated gum wrappers and exposed their inner tissue to air, they became heart-like structures.
Cheng believes that this is proof that the heart is actually a sugar organ and not just a muscle or blood vessel.
This revelation might come as a surprise to some people since we typically think of the heart as a muscular organ responsible for pumping blood throughout our bodies.
Materials: What you will need to make your own gum wrapper heart
-Ruler or measuring tape
Step 1: Start by cutting the gum wrapper in half so that you have two even pieces. From one half, make a small hole down the center. This will become your heart’s center. From the other half, make a slightly larger hole on one side.
Step 2: Next, take your ruler or measuring tape and draw a line around the edge of the hole on one side. Make sure to keep the center of the circle centered on your gum wrapper. This will be your gum wrapper’s border measurement.
Step 3: Now, using your X-Acto knife, carefully cut out this border measurement from around the hole in your gum wrapper. Don’t cut all the way through, just a little bit of the gum wrapper will remain.
Step 4: Next, take your X-Acto knife again and carefully make a small hole in the center of your circle. Draw a heart with this hole as the center.
Step 5: Now, take your gum wrapper and place it back over the X-Acto hole.
Step 6: Now, using your ruler and a pencil, draw a line from the center of the circle to the top of your gum wrapper.
Step 7: Next, use your X-Acto knife to cut out the top portion of your heart (in the photo below). This will be the “point” on your heart.
How To Make A Gum Wrapper Heart: Step by step instructions
Making a gum wrapper heart is simple and fun. Here are the instructions:
1. Start by cutting a piece of gum wrappers to the desired shape. Be sure to leave enough wrapping around the edges so that it will hold its form when you are finished.
2. Take your chosen design and trace around it with a pencil on the back of the wrapper.
3. Once the tracing is complete, use a razor or scissors to cut out the design.
4. Place one end of the heart shape against the other end of the wrapper and press down lightly to secure.
5. Use a small amount of superglue to attach one side of your heart to another side of the wrapper, making sure that you cover any exposed glue spots.
6. Let dry for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!
How Long Does It Take To Make A Heart Out Of A Gum Wrapper?
1. Start by cutting a long piece of gum wrapper. The wider the better, as it will make it easier to create the heart shape.
2. Next, start shaping the gum wrapper into a heart by pressing down on one end and pulling it forwards. Be sure to keep the edges straight and even as you go along.
3. Once you’ve created the basic heart shape, start adding details with your fingers or a fork. Some ideas include using coloured sugar or sprinkles to represent blood vessels, or making small cuts in the wrapper for eyes and teeth.
4. Once everything is in place, finish up by pressing down hard on all sides of the heart to seal it together.
5. Now that your heart is finished, you can add it to the jar and cover it in more gum wrapper. Give yourself some time to admire your work and enjoy!
How Many Gum Wrappers Does It Take To Make A Heart?
If you’ve ever found yourself with a dozen or so unused gum wrappers, now is the time to put them to good use. Here’s how to make a heart out of a single wrapper:
1. Cut a small hole in one corner of the wrapper and pull it slightly away from the rest of the paper.
2. Cut out an “x” shape using the Hole as your guide. Make sure that your cuts are perpendicular to each other and that the points of your X are even.
3. Carefully peel off the outer layer of the wrapper, being careful not to rip or tear the x-shape you just created.
4. Replace the removed layer with some craft glue and press it down into place. Allow it to dry completely before continuing.
5. Lay the remaining wrapper on top of the glue-down x and then, using a small paintbrush, dab some glue into the edges of the paper.
6. Fold down the left side of the wrapper so that it covers the hole you made in step 1.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the right side.
8. Give the whole thing a couple of seconds to dry, and then carefully peel off the rest of the wrapper from around your glue-down x.
9. If the glue hasn’t dried completely, you can touch up the edges of your x with a little more glue. If it’s fully dry, you can remove the wrapper from around your x and trim away any excess paper.
10. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the other side.
11. If you want, you can attach your x to a piece of paper and glue it down in place on your poster as well. The end! Enjoy your new x!
What Size Should My Gum Wrapper Be?
Making a heart out of a gum wrapper is not as difficult as it may seem. All you need are some basic supplies and some patience.
You will need a piece of paper, scissors, a margarine or vegetable spreader, and some chewing gum. First, cut the gum into small pieces.
Next, fold the paper in half so that it forms a small square. Place the gum on top of the folded paper and press down firmly.
With your fingers, make small cuts around the edge of the gum wrapper so that it will form a heart shape. Once you have completed one heart, repeat the steps to make more.
It is best to place the heart on a cookie sheet to help you keep track of them once they are finished. You can also use a piece of paper instead of a cookie sheet or have one handy if you need it.
What Is The Best Way To Store My Gum Wrappers?
Gum wrappers can be a hassle to store. Some people like to keep them in a jar, while others fold them up and put them in their pocket.
There are many different ways to make a heart out of a gum wrapper, so it’s up to you which one is the best for you.
Here are some tips:
-Start by deciding how big you want your heart to be. Make sure that the dimensions are symmetrical so the finished product will look good.
-Next, cut out your heart using a ruler and a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut too deep; you only need to cut through the wrapper once.
-Once your heart is cut out, start folding it up until it’s about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
-Next, fold it in half. Then fold it in thirds.
-Now you re ready to start wrapping! Start by folding over a third of the heart, then another third, and so on until you get to the end.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to using the leftover gum wrappers that tend to accumulate after chewing.
Turn them into a colorful and unique decoration for your room, or create a unique gift for someone special.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
– arts and crafts: create a colorful blanket, placemats, ornaments, or even an entire wall art piece out of your gum wrapper heart creations;
– cards and letters: write heartfelt notes or greetings in rainbow colors with edible ink;
– food gifts: turn discarded gum wrapper hearts into delicious treats like candy hearts, cake pops, or cupcakes;
– everyday essentials: make decorative keychains, phone cases, or stocking stuffers out of your homemade gum wrapper hearts. There’s really no limit to what you can create!